Friday, February 25, 2011

Looking Back

Warning: This is going to be a long post!

Lately I've done a lot of thinking and my mind keeps wandering back to old memories. Whether they be happy, sad, exciting, or awful times..they've all been replaying in my mind. 

The fact that it's been almost a complete 2 years since I graduated from high school is starting to make me feel old! Now now, I know I'm really not getting that old, but not being able to say, "Oh I just graduated," sure seems bitter sweet to me right now. 

I'm no longer the naive, high school graduate who's so happy to be done with high school and anxious to start college. I'm now the average, poor and working, college student striving to get by day by day.










I miss the days of thinking my life was hard when I had a 2-3 page paper due the next day along with having to cheer at a basketball game that night. Boy life was rough wasn't it? 

Now it's I have a 5-7 page paper due, two 20 page readings that I must understand and know what I just read, a journal entry, and maybe some online assignment due the next day on top of having to fit work and the school day into my schedule. Can't I go back to the easy days?


I'm not saying I want to reverse time and change my high school years or go back in time and relive them all again. No, that part of my life was great and I cherish all those times, but I've moved on, grown up a bit, and I do love my life now! There's just days I wish I had the easy load I did back then. When being busy meant nothing compared to what it does now. So bare with me as I relive some of those memories for just a moment :)


When dances were the biggest of our worries...


Being able to sit and enjoy a good soccer game...





When sitting on the couch, taking pictures was the highlight of our night :)

We had us some good times!

"OOHH" I've always thought this picture was hilarious! He still claims he was "just coughing"

Yummmm..Fredrico's.


These guys became my best friends

When there was time to actually goof off and take pictures in class...no need to pay attention right?

Aww the wonders of cheer camp :)

2 comments:

  1. Blair! I'm so happy you have a blog now. You will become my next blog stalking victim :) haha but seriously, ask me how I feel about being in 11/15 of the pictures in this post and I will tell you I LOVE IT! And i sure do love you! It would be fun to go back to the good ol' days for just a minute. We had some wonderful times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya... I wish life was a bit more simple. But hey, I guess we all have to grow up sometime!

    ReplyDelete