Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Losing Hope...

I'm telling you now, I don't want to be one to complain and nag but this whole wisdom teeth experience doesn't give me a whole lot of room not to. I can't even begin to describe the painful experience I've been through with the removal of my wisdom teeth. It all started almost a whole 2 months ago. Yes, that's correct, 2 WHOLE MONTHS AGO! It was January 3rd the day I was lucky enough to have all 4 wisdom teeth taken out. Knowing it had to be done sometime, I figured now was as best time as ever.

I chose to stay awake for the procedure so I received laughing gas and numbing shots. We'll call this round 1. Holy tolido! I was huge. Figuring I already have chubby cheeks, I knew I would swell, but this big, really??

So round 1 came and went and bam, just like that came my dry socket and infection. Here comes round 2. Given the knowledge that this sometimes happens, I figured it was just normal and honestly wasn't all that bad. Sure it was painful, but hey with some antibiotics and some good painkillers, I could handle it. Well sure round 2 I could handle, but just as the right side healed up here came along round #3.

This was the first day I went out...embarrassing I know!

Yes, that's correct, another infection in my left side. This time, the infection wasn't going away with just some antibiotics. So they pulled out the numbing shots and laughing gas for the second time and under I went to try and clean out the infection. Finally! I had resorted to only taking Ibprophen and no painkillers and it looked like I was finally done with the wisdom teeth disaster. Only one problem, all of a sudden one night it started hurting again.

Next thing I know, I wake up the next morning with a swollen left cheek. Seriously! Me and my oral surgeon have become great friends by now so I give the good ol' Doc a call (at home since it was a Saturday) and he agrees to meet me at his office. Sure enough, here rolls in round #4. Yes, round #4 comes with another infection. This time, the Doc. tells me he thought he knew about infections but that I'm just kicking his butt. Great...my oral surgeon doesn't know what to do with me!
Miserable to the day...
Another round of numbing shots, drainage, and trying to clean it up went about. I am now just finishing up trying a new antibiotic and go back in tomorrow to see what's up. Sad thing is, I'm no better than the last time I went in. I'm still suffering with a huge, swollen left cheek and the worst pain I think I've had so far. This rounds got me beat and I'm barely even functioning from day to day. Tears are a common friend of mine this week and I'm just getting to the point where I don't know what else to do. Please wisdom teeth...give me some hope that you'll heal up already!
(ps-I know I have no make-up on and look dreadful in all of these embarrassing pictures :) )

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, those are some nice pictures sister! Your blog is super cute though... you could help mine sometime, it needs some TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blair, I am so sorry! That looks so painful. I hope you feel better soon and I'm glad you started a blog, I've found it's a great way to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete