Monday, October 3, 2011

California Livin....

Boy have I been terrible at updating this thing! But hey, about 2 weeks ago I had a big, long post typed up and was posting pictures when all of a sudden it just froze on me and I lost the WHOLE thing! Talk about frustrating....

Give me some credit for it though! Anyway, you won't be getting as detailed as that post was, but I figured it was about time to play catch up... :)

As you all probably know by now, I've been living in Aliso Viejo, California as a nanny for the past 2 months. When I first got the idea, I pushed and pushed the idea away. I had just got accepted into the Special Ed program at USU, I had a missionary coming home in a couple months and I had a job that I really didn't mind. 

Why would I want to leave all that?
I'm not exactly sure.
But I followed what the Spirit was telling me and dear OC, here I came!

Bentley, Dustin, Kartchner, & Andrea  Bouwhuis

I had a dozen of interviews and a couple families offer me the job. But this LDS family with their two little boys just wouldn't let me tell them no.


 Eventually, I couldn't refuse and although they had the youngest children and lowest pay, I accepted the job. I have come to love and adore these two little guys and hopefully have brought some good into their lives!

Squeezing both boys into the single stroller! This was before my mom and Shawna were able to bring me my sister's double stroller
Here are some of our fun adventures we've been on so far....

Pinkberry one day while Bentley was at preschool

Before going to the beach

Eating PB & J's on the beach

We LOVE beach days!


Park day!

There is always going to be good days and there will always be bad days. I'm now learning why the Lord sent me here and am so grateful to have the whisperings of the Holy Ghost to guide me in day to day life!

1 comment:

  1. Blair it has been a long time sense I talked to you! I can't believe you are nanny how fun! You need to let me know how it is with your missionary home,,, What happened?!

    ReplyDelete